Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Bluebonnets and birds

Disclaimer: This a miscellaneous blog of some pictures I have been wanting to blog about and nothing of true importance..not that any news on here is ever world changing anyways:)

Oh the elusive bluebonnet pictures. We (meaning me and my sister-in-law) finally found what we thought was a good time to go take bluebonnet pictures two weekends ago between naps and tax season (she is an accountant). Cole and I were grumpy due to his choice to not take an afternoon nap that day but the lighting looked good and most of the bluebonnets were starting to set seed so we needed to move fast. We drove down the road from our house and finally found an area that was still blue and hadn't been too trampled by previous picture-takers. Also, it had a field behind it with a barbed wire fence that I thought would make a nice backdrop. As luck would have it, as soon as we got out of the car it started to sprinkle so I just snapped a few pictures (without adjusting my camera) before we loaded back in the car. Can you say 2 overexposed, annoyed children were involved in this photo shoot? I think it is hilarious how they both have the "I can't believe you have me out here in the rain to take pictures in the potentially snake/ant/tick infested roadside vegetation!"




The next few pictures show I know how to use my camera every-once-in-awhile. Our neighbors budding tree was the local breakfast hangout for a group of cedar waxwings (they have red waxy tips on their wings). Evidently the buds on that tree were extra tasty as they would turn upside down to eat them.
And here is the last random picture showing of most of our teethies. I love this picture because of his smile and how he looks like his Dada even more in a Polo shirt and khaki cargo pants!

1 comment: