Monday, April 12, 2010

A post of firsts...

Wow, this has been a week of firsts. We had our first taste of Puffs and managed to get a few in the mouth (can use the pincer grasp just doesn't use it for food, only lint/grass/hair on floor!), a few on the face and few on the floor for the dog.

Then we went to our 9 month check-up on Wednesday and found out we have our first fever and ear infection. Hopefully it will be the one and only because I hate to see my baby sick and this child refuses to take medicine from eye dropper, syringe, straw or spoon. He is acting alot better so I guess the little he is ingesting is working. Auntie Em came by to see us the next day and he was already feeling better even though this picture he isn't smiling (the smiling picture was underexposed as I am experimenting with the manual setting on my camera).


Despite a long night Friday night (we learned the hard way that antihistamine does NOT make him drowsy), we went to Magnolia for a baby shower for Krista, my cousin Blake's wife. I always enjoy visiting with Krista and my other family plus I was looking forward to seeing her loot as they registered for alot of fun organic/earth-friendly items (see pic below for mommy-to-be and her fun baby stuff). Since Cole had been better during the day Thursday and Friday and he typically naps the entire hour drive to my Grandma's where the shower was being held, I figured we would go (he only napped an hour all day Friday). He got some much needed sleep and was in an ok mood but was pretty grouchy once his Tylenol wore off (he almost chewed a hole in my sister's shirt and his hand so we have teething on top of ear infection!). The last picture shows my little guy feeling alot better and trying to touch the thing mommy has pointed at him all the time:)

No comments:

Post a Comment