Even though we didn't participate in as many activities this year, Holy Week/Easter is still one of my favorite times of year. I have always been grateful for what Jesus did for us on Good Friday but to now have a son and think of sending him to save a bunch of sinners made it even more real and made me realize even more how thankful I am that God is God and I am not. And to be honest, the religious events are the number one reason I like this holiday and Cadbury eggs are the second reason:) We started Easter weekend with Russell going to work (yuck is all I am going to say because there are several non-Christian comments I have about bosses making people work on Easter) and Cole and I going to my parents. My mom put out alot of eggs for Cole to find filled with Puffs which, since I am a weird hippie mom, have not given my child yet. I was ok if he wanted a few but he wasn't really interested in eating them (but Baxter thought they were delicious!). Cole opened his presents from the Easter bunny (with assistance from Baxter!) and we ate a delicious dinner that my mom grilled. Sunday morning we woke up and went to church to celebrate the risen Lord with my family, took some pictures and then headed to Somerville for Easter number 2.



Our family
Cole with Nana and Pop
Cole with Auntie Em and Uncle Ryan
Once in Somerville, we had a delicious lunch and tried to take some pictures which is nearly impossible with two little ones....I had the picture below, another one of them both looking the other direction and the last one with them looking opposite directions! Then we got to open the gifts from the Easter bunny and had a small Easter egg hunt. Cousin Makayla came and shared eggs with Cole as he was more interested in the Easter grass than anything! And then some more posed pictures and finally two little faces looking at the camera! We were really busy but had a wonderful weekend. I hope everyone else had a wonderful and blessed Easter too!!
Cole and Makayla with Grandma and Grandpa
Megan - just wanted to say you look great in that family picture. Happy Easter!
ReplyDelete