Everyone keeps asking me if I have given Cole in teething biscuits yet like it is some rite of passage for older infants. So many people said their babies loved them so last weekend I decided to quit being paranoid and let him have one. Here are pictures from the first few minutes of him gnawing on it and he seemed to like it. Evidently so because he bit off a big piece in less than 5 minutes! He choked and gave me a heart attack but luckily it dissolved and he swallowed it. I crammed what was left in one of those mesh feeders but he wasn't as interested then. I would love to give him something to chew on so does anyone else know of anything else that won't break apart so quickly?

Same thing happens to us when we do biter biscuits. I usually let them have them til they get where they are soft enough to bite off a chunk and then I take it away. They are too much of choke hazards for my taste anyway. We rarely use/eat them.
ReplyDeleteI quit biter biscuits because I cant stand the mess! Have you tried Baby MumMums? They probably break easily, but they dissolve almost instantly when they get wet. SUPER FAST! Holden inhales them. I also put frozen fruit in the mesh things. OH YEAH... and celery stalks! Holden loves chewing on those. I stick them in the freezer & get them real cold.
ReplyDelete