Monday, March 1, 2010

8 months old

Ok, technically 8 months and 1 1/2 weeks as I am late on this post. Time sure has flown! We just completed our first overnight trip with baby in tow when we went to Fort Worth last week for a conference for Russell's work. We had a little snow and a fire alarm test during nap time, but I was glad Cole and I went because we would have missed Russell for almost a week and we enjoyed visiting with some of the other ranger wifes/friends that were there. Before we left, I took the pictures below. I have some other good ones but really need to get and learn how to use Photoshop for my birthday as they are a little dark (still learning the whole natural light thing...). As I learn to use my big girl camera, Cole is learning so much as well! He has been wiggling around in a circle and backwards for a few weeks and started army crawling last week (have video that I will try to post soon...difficult to capture though because the little toot stops crawling and smiles/poses when he sees the camera!). His pincer grasp is getting stronger but not quite there yet...need to introduce puffs I guess! He prefers nursing still over solid foods but that might change next week when I introduce him to the wonderful world of spices! He hates being cleaned up after eating and all his fidgeting results in leftover food particles on his face and hands that the weinie dog takes care of later:) He loves reading books, feeling the pages, turning the pages, chewing on the pages and does not care for the 2 book limit before nap time. He still dislikes going to sleep and prefers cuddling when he is asleep but we are trying to wean him of that (I laid down with him earlier and he has been asleep for over 20 minutes while I type on this which is pretty good for us!) He loves the outdoors and taking it all in on walks (on the few days the weather has allowed lately) and while riding in the jogging stroller with Mama running at blazing speeds....or more like running at slow speeds....or better described as jogging...ok, ok most days it is pretty fast walking but you try to go very fast while pushing a stroller uphill into the wind! He LOVES the dog and Baxter has been very tolerant of the grabbing and pulling for which I am very thankful. Well, the little dreamer is now awakening, so more later...enjoy the pictures and the sunshine!

I love how his smile is developing with his two bottom teeth and one top tooth which you can't see in pictures yet.

So alot of his winter clothes are getting too small, hence the belly shot. If someone knows why department stores put winter clothes out in July and up in December when they put out spring clothes even though we still have days where we struggle to get out of the 40s, then please let me know!

It's a little dark but I love how they are both looking the same direction:)

No comments:

Post a Comment