Russell had a 2 day training in Fort Worth a few weeks ago so Cole and I decided to tag along for a mini family vacay. The first afternoon we went swimming (which was rather cold!) and visited the botanical garden. I thought there was going to be a playground there but there was only this fake log to climb in and out of but we still had fun looking at the plants, squirrels and huge turtles in a pond. Plus we got to touch a giant frog's bottom and everyone knows that's what makes or breaks a vacation! The next morning when Russell went to class, Cole and I met a friend of ours with her little boy at the zoo. Dear Waco Zoo, you are nice but Fort Worth Zoo kicks your butt (plus they have more shade). Besides seeing tons of awesome animals, we also had our first train ride and first carousel ride with Mama only getting minor motion sickness (when did I get so old?!). Cole also made a new friend and tells everyone that he went to the zoo with Kyle. I hope we get to visit with them again soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment