Sunday, January 16, 2011

Finger paints

I wouldn't make it up north where cold, wet weather lasts more than a few days as me, the kid, and the dog are going a little stir crazy during the day.  We've made tents, played in the garage, and I decided to brave the mess of finger paints the other day.  Cole got some for Christmas but I bought the wrong kind because they weren't really finger paints for toddlers and was more for older kids that don't try to eat everything that isn't food (if someone can explain to me why a leaf/piece of grass/dirt off the floor is more intriguing than yummy food on a plate, I'd love to know).  A quick search on google and I found a recipe that would be safe to eat but not very tasty (corn starch and sugar, anyone?!).  The "paint" didn't dry for a keepsake piece of artwork but was definitely a boredom buster!

First some blue...I love his facial expression in this one:)
Then some green...no more smiles, all focus


Add in a little red and a paintbrush...

And you have a messy masterpiece!

No comments:

Post a Comment