Monday, December 14, 2009

I know why the caged dog whines...

Saturday evening we had to take our beloved dog child to A&M's small animal emergency clinic because he was lethargic, walking very little and yelped when he jumped. Weinie dogs forget they are prone to back problems and try to bounce around on furniture like cats and jump in the air after birds (I know, it's weird). Well he stayed overnight and got doped up and seems to be better even though he was pretty stiff again this morning before his pain meds (he hadn't any since Saturday because they gave him a little too much and didn't want him to get any more Sunday). He has to rest in his kennel (hence the title of this post) and he hates it but we are hoping rest and pain meds will make him good as new (could be just a pulled muscle) and no back surgery will be needed (vets like to try this treatment first before MRI's and surgery). I will post about Christmas number 1 later when I get time to upload the photos. If you want a sneak peek, visit my cousin Krystal's blog on the right (Garza Gazette).

No comments:

Post a Comment