We had a busy weekend. My Aunt Sue brought my grandparents from Victoria to see their first great grandchild on Saturday. Needless to say, Cole was cuddled by several people and seemed very content with that (and his legs aren't that pink in person!). Besides getting to visit, we had a wonderful lunch of chicken and dumplings with squash casserole, black-eyed peas, bean salad and apple dumplings for dessert that my Mom-ma made. Can anyone say afternoon nap! Saturday was also Russell's first day back at work and Sunday was my first day home with Cole. I was a little nervous but we had a great day and I'm looking forward to us getting into some sort of daily groove. Right now, he is very much a morning person that doesn't like to nap until the afternoon and gets up 2-3 times a night to eat. Once we get into that schedule, I am hoping to be more mobile with him but I still want to follow the doctor's recommendation of minimizing his public appearances until he is 2 months old. Maybe then we will start travelling some to see family like my other grandparents in the bottom picture who were able to come visit their eighth great-grandchild when we were still in the hospital.



No comments:
Post a Comment