Sorry for the delay in posting but the last few days have included a lot of firsts. We checked into the hospital Wednesday night where I had my first IV and neither Russell or I slept much due to excitement and lack of comfort of the hospital beds. The induction started at 4 am and I was thinking "this isn't so bad" until late in the morning when the whammy's started coming about a minute apart. I'm not sure who all knew this but I was really wanting a natural birth (no drugs) because I'm weird like that and hate needles but decided that was for the birds after having those close contractions for two hours. After the epidural, I dilated quickly and pushing began. Again, being weird, I wanted to be the best pusher ever and evidently I did a pretty good job because our 10 lb 9 oz boy, Cole William, entered the world at 1:53 pm on June 18 after 20 minutes of pushing. We knew he was going to be big but neither us or our doctor thought he would be that big! I know I am biased, but he is absolutely perfect and a very healthy boy. We had to stay in the hospital for a couple of days because I tore in 4 places and lost some blood but a few pints of blood and some stitches later, we are at home and doing well. I am extremely thankful for Nana (my mom) helping us out and giving us some helpful hints. Also thank you to everyone for prayers, well wishes and cute blue outfits! I will try to be more frequent with posts now that I am at home. Now, everyone thinks he looks like me, but I think the last two pictures will prove he's going to be a mini-Russell:)
Cole in his going home outfit.


So far he looks like a pretty good mix of the both of you! Glad everyone is home & doing well! Cole is perfect!
ReplyDeleteLove, love, love the pictures Megan. Thanks so much for sharing. We are glad you are home and hopefully relaxing! :)
ReplyDeleteOh Megan, He is too precious. I thought that my baby boy Cole was big at 9 pounds 13 oz, but wow, you take the cake! Girl, that is amazing. Well one thing about big babies is that they seem less fragile and mine ate great and sleep good too. Maybe your Cole will too! He is too cute. I know that you all are just loving having him in your family... Congrats!
ReplyDeleteWow! He's beautiful! I can't wait to meet him. Glad you are home and healthy. Blessings and Peace.
ReplyDeleteOh Megan - these pictures are too cute and fun! I can't wait to see you all again. Maybe a little trip this weekend...I mean, someone has to bring you the Baby Pool winnings! I'll call you soon!
ReplyDelete