Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Impatience...

This is my first attempt at blogging so here it goes. We decided to create this blog as we really enjoy staying in touch with several of our family and friends through their blogs and wanted to be able to update everyone on the impending arrival of our little one. I started having contractions May 31st and we really thought we were going to have a baby soon. But one week later and now one day past my due date, the baby still has not arrived. Russell thinks it is because he/she is running late like me and I think it is because he/she is stubborn like him. I guess we will have to wait and see what the baby's personality is like when it is older to know for sure! We go back to the doctor on the 17th and will schedule a time to be induced if the baby hasn't made it's grand entrance into the world yet. I am already 3 cm so I am really hoping to not be induced. I am walking a lot and we are trying hard to be patient but we are anxious to meet this baby! We will post another update if I go into labor or after the next appointment, whichever comes first. For those who have not seen it yet, below are a few pictures of the nursery (yes, there is a doll in the bed because we have been practicing with Baxter) and a picture of the furry child himself wanting to play with the stuffed animals on the mobile!


4 comments:

  1. YAY! Another blog for me to become addicted too! I LOVE the picture of Baxter, that is just simply classic! We're thinking about you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you think Baxter is contemplating how to get in there :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited that you have a blog. I ask Luke everyday to check his work email to see if the baby has arrived. We can't wait! Baxter looks so precious! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing the nursery pics since I haven't gotten to see it in person yet. :) Look forward to seeing the pics of the little one.

    ReplyDelete